FAQFAQ  Join! (free) Join! (free)    Log inLog in 
The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Reply to topic    The Creative Zone Forum Index -> Shooters
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
 
Croswynd
Antichrist for Real Shoes
God's Crayon


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2751
Favourite Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight as an Arrow
Favourite Sexual Position: Muff Diving


Location: The Nexus

PostPosted: Monday April 17, 2017 4:47:53    Post subject:  Reply with quote

I feel like Rey isn't the lead in The Force Awakens as much as Jyn in Rogue One or this new character, because Rey shares so much screentime with Finn. If anything, she's a co-star like Han and Luke were in the original.

I think it's fine, personally, even if you argue she is the lead. Because it doesn't matter what gender they are in this Battlefront game. Even Jyn could have been replaced with a guy and nothing would change.

It'll all balance out. We're going to have a Han-lead movie for the next Anthology, Rebels is lead by Ezra, and I bet you the next Star Wars game is going to have a male or character creation lead to play through with.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Wisdom Thumbs
Hughbert Jellius
well shooken


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Gender: Champion of Justice
Posts: 12638
Chatango: thick_girth
Favourite Colour: green
Sexual Orientation: El Fist de la Justicia
Favourite Sexual Position: Sometimes you just gotta turn into a swatter


Location: That state what looks like a frying pan

PostPosted: Monday April 17, 2017 6:06:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like we ONLY play as this female character in the Battlefront II-2 campaign, considering we also play as Luke at one point.

And Finn definitely had as much importance in the film as Rey.

Quote:
it starts to feel like everyone had a huge groundbreaking female role planned for Star Wars and they all got pushed to production without ever sharing notes.


Actually it does feel like that. Not quite forced, just thrown at us the instant it started smelling like money.
_________________

"This is so far up your alley, it's last standing against the back wall." -- They Called Him Grublingtonford Hawkins Shire, Esquire

"I am where your typis go after you erase them." -- Sir Catpeain Decan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
SKORGE
The Struggler
The Comrad


Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Gender: Cyborg
Posts: 32332



PostPosted: Monday April 17, 2017 6:23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

FORGOT TO MENTION -- OBVIOUSLY, THE GAME IS CANON!

Ad Absurdum wrote:
More evidence that the CZ should become a gaming news site run by SKORGE. Seriously, solid summary.

Also seems likely that Hoth will again be on the multiplayer roster again as they mentioned a lot about riding Tauntauns. I'm also assuming Vardos will be featured for MP.

Either way I like what I've heard so far. No chance in hell I'm pre-ordering, but they've seemed keen to respond to feedback and take the sequel towards a route that will be less arcadey and more Battlefield-esque this time around.

As well, I really like the concept of the new campaign. Playing purely from the bad guy's perspective (hopefully no late game sudden changes of heart) as a character who just doubles down on her beliefs after seeing the Death Star 2 destroyed is sweet. Of course gameplay wise, every thing now has to live up to Titanfall 2's campaign in my books, so I wish it luck.


Funny enough, the story is being written by a writer (his name escapes me at the moment) that worked on Spec Ops: The Line and Mitch Dyer, formerly employed by IGN. Apparently, Mitch Dyer is a mega Star Wars fanboy and the speculation is that his encyclopedic knowledge of the game helped him land this gig. Although it's been ages since he last worked at IGN.

RaKais wrote:
I know this may seem a comment typical of me, but I'm sort of getting sick of every new Disney Star Wars media having a female lead. I mean, the last 4 media entries have them and it's getting a little weary.

Details sound nice though.


I agree.

There has been a constant stream of media from the Star Wars franchise with female leads, one after the other. If not counting that Rebels show, much of the content has been the same with no breaks in the pattern.

Rey for the mainline films, Jyn Erso for the first off-shoot film and now Iden Versio. Although the Han Solo film is obviously going to change that next year, but the point stands.


Croswynd wrote:
RaKais wrote:
I know this may seem a comment typical of me, but I'm sort of getting sick of every new Disney Star Wars media having a female lead. I mean, the last 4 media entries have them and it's getting a little weary.

Details sound nice though.


I'm sure women have felt the same way about male leads for awhile now.


Solution: How about we change up the pattern and not push out only one or the other?

Croswynd wrote:
I feel like Rey isn't the lead in The Force Awakens as much as Jyn in Rogue One or this new character, because Rey shares so much screentime with Finn. If anything, she's a co-star like Han and Luke were in the original.

I think it's fine, personally, even if you argue she is the lead. Because it doesn't matter what gender they are in this Battlefront game. Even Jyn could have been replaced with a guy and nothing would change.

It'll all balance out. We're going to have a Han-lead movie for the next Anthology, Rebels is lead by Ezra, and I bet you the next Star Wars game is going to have a male or character creation lead to play through with.


I disagree and here's why.

Finn is clearly the secondary character when compared to Rey. It would be the equivalent of saying Dom is the main character in Gears of War because he shares so much screen-time with Marcus. That's simply not the case.

Perhaps this will change in the future, but the new Star Wars trilogy so far is very much about Rey, with Finn being a major secondary character. Han Solo also fits this role no matter how much screen time he got. The old trilogy was still about Luke and Luke was still the central pillar to anything happening in the film, with Han being a major secondary.

And for me, personally, it's not that there's too many female leads, it's that we're only getting female leads on much of the content so far. While Rebels is canon, I wouldn't exactly compare it to the films and Battlefront II. Besides, wasn't Rebels released and then we got the films and games? So since Rebels, we've only gotten female-led content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Levyathyn
Macho Man RAAMy Savage
GanonDIOrf


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Gender: Supervillain
Posts: 20509
Sexual Orientation: King of Urbosaton
Favourite Sexual Position: The Seven Petals


Location: Breathing Wildly

PostPosted: Monday April 17, 2017 7:55:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://windows4tech.com/ea-detail...ild-original-season-pass-ditched/

Just an update in case it hasn't been said, but as the URL will reveal, EA is apparently going to ditch the season pass.

Also, Kamino confirmed?
_________________

-----
"Do you remember all the breads you've eaten in your life?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Ad Absurdum
God of Paradiso
Temptation most foul.


Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 881
Sexual Orientation: Queer-dragon-otherkin
Favourite Sexual Position: Any hetero sex is rape and reinforcement of the patriarchy



PostPosted: Monday April 17, 2017 11:58:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a male lead as much as any other person, but I just want to make sure that when the New Trilogy releases do it, it's done in a natural way and not in a way that seems like it's agenda setting. Not just like, throwing a male in there for the sake of throwing a male in there, ya know?...

.../s

But, nah, I honestly don't care. It's a video game and I don't think there's really been many woman leads in Star Wars video games, so it's fine in my books.

Also, yeah, Rey is definitely the Luke Skywalker of the new trilogy. Finn is the Han Solo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
SKORGE
The Struggler
The Comrad


Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Gender: Cyborg
Posts: 32332



PostPosted: Tuesday April 18, 2017 6:15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the argument from any of us is that it's a problem that the main character is a female. The problem itself is the fact that thus far, Star Wars has only produced female-led media. The two films and now a third, with a game to boot. All in a row.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Levyathyn
Macho Man RAAMy Savage
GanonDIOrf


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Gender: Supervillain
Posts: 20509
Sexual Orientation: King of Urbosaton
Favourite Sexual Position: The Seven Petals


Location: Breathing Wildly

PostPosted: Tuesday April 18, 2017 8:22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE NEED KYLE KATARN BACK
_________________

-----
"Do you remember all the breads you've eaten in your life?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Wisdom Thumbs
Hughbert Jellius
well shooken


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Gender: Champion of Justice
Posts: 12638
Chatango: thick_girth
Favourite Colour: green
Sexual Orientation: El Fist de la Justicia
Favourite Sexual Position: Sometimes you just gotta turn into a swatter


Location: That state what looks like a frying pan

PostPosted: Tuesday April 18, 2017 23:15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Katarn has, sadly, ceased to exist.
_________________

"This is so far up your alley, it's last standing against the back wall." -- They Called Him Grublingtonford Hawkins Shire, Esquire

"I am where your typis go after you erase them." -- Sir Catpeain Decan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Levyathyn
Macho Man RAAMy Savage
GanonDIOrf


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Gender: Supervillain
Posts: 20509
Sexual Orientation: King of Urbosaton
Favourite Sexual Position: The Seven Petals


Location: Breathing Wildly

PostPosted: Wednesday April 19, 2017 3:15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah? Oh, that's disappointing. Hey wait a second, look who it is!

Spoiler:


_________________

-----
"Do you remember all the breads you've eaten in your life?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Jay the Arbiter
Horseman of the Apocralyspe
Shy Guy


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2809


Location: UK

PostPosted: Wednesday April 19, 2017 17:13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have no qualm with the Female lead... just so long as they don't turn the Stormtroopers into generic Sexists'. >.<

Being on the Empire side will be nice, but I'd rather be crushing the tacky "Resistance" than the much cooler "Rebel Alliance"  Tongue
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
Tmack674
Barbarian Wordsmith
Boba Fett


Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 647
Favourite Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight


Location: New York

PostPosted: Wednesday April 19, 2017 19:12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKORGE wrote:
I don't think the argument from any of us is that it's a problem that the main character is a female. The problem itself is the fact that thus far, Star Wars has only produced female-led media. The two films and now a third, with a game to boot. All in a row.


This.


_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Reply to topic    The Creative Zone Forum Index -> Shooters All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2002 phpBB Group

DEVIANT template created by vali
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum